Today is all about happy thoughts and happy prizes. I want every single person that reads this post today to say out loud at least one time today, "Don't Worry, Be Happy". Deal? Deal!
I'll be honest here, I about pulled my hair out trying to get this post ready because of two little munchkins that I call my children. I can't tell you how many times I started, stopped, started, stopped and finally finished writing this post. I just kept sending myself to happy places....thinking of all the things that didn't entice me to whip out the whooping paddle...yes, we have one. Judge away.
Back to the happy part. Miss Jenni, has been doing a blog every day in May link up (most brilliant blog idea ever) and I thought I would hop on the train. Today's topic: Ten things that make you all kinds of happy.
Here's my short list. They are the first ones that popped into my head while trying to break up a 5-year-old and 8-year-old from a wrestling match.
1. Summer nights under the Texas stars, preferably in a pool or in a lake.
2. That my ever so loving husband doesn't have a problem with taking on 50% of the household/parenting duties. My ode to him is "Whatta Man" from the one and only Salt-n-Pepa
3. When my children behave and act like civilized human beings.
4. Seeing my mom and dad still hold hands.
5. Two tacos from Jack in the Box.
6. White sandy beaches, crystal blue water with some sort of "mommy" drink in my hand.
7. The entire album of Prince's "Purple Rain"...okay, ANYTHING from Prince.
8. Retail therapy of any kind....take me to a store or lose me forever.
9. Being blemish free for more than two weeks. TMI? Just trying to be honest here.
10. Laughing until I cry with my girlfriends on a patio somewhere with no men or kids. Chatting about things only women chat about...use your imagination.
And one to grow on...
11. My amazing sponsors that so graciously offer up some fabulosa prizes each and every month. I seriously don't know what I would do without their smiling faces on my blog day in and day out.
Living in Yellow - 200 x200 Ad Space
The Serena Saga - $20 Visa Gift Card
Lipgloss & Crayons - 1 Month Ad Space
Sami's Shenanigans - $10 Gift Card Winner's Choice & Ad Space
Keeping Up with the Cyperts - $10 Gift Card & Ad Space
Lets Get Bananas - 2 Months Ad Space
Mrs. in Training - $25 Target Gift Card
Treasure Tromp - 1 Month Ad Space
Litva's Jewelry - $20 Gift Certificate to Litva's Jewlery
Venus Trapped in Mars - $15 Sephora Gift Card
Pursuit of Pink - $15 Amazon Gift Card
I Wore Yoga Pants to Work - 1 Month Ad Space
A Complete Waster of Makeup - $10 Starbucks & 1 Month Ad Space
a Rafflecopter giveaway