I professed to all of you my issue of lacking color earlier this week. This whole fall thing has thrown me for a loop and my brain flipped a switch somehow. I lost my urge for shades other than brown, black and cream. So, what does a girl do when she's feeling stuck on a neutral ground? She goes directly to the internet and does a little online window shopping.
I chose seven hues from the Fall 2013 color palette list, that are on my list to either add or dig out of my closet for the upcoming season.
I also did a little styling in my head and came up with some ideas on how to pair all seven color pieces with other fall trends that are on my radar.
1. I am picturing this fuchsia blazer from Target with the windowpane ankle pants that I wore in yesterday's post.
2. This emerald green satchel is ideal for adding a pop of color when wearing a basic printed shift dress. My choice? This little black and white number.
3. Speaking of shift dresses the one featured from Old Navy is a perfect foundation for layering as the temperatures grow cooler. Add an aztec scarf and pair of suede ankle boots for a polished, yet casual style.
4. For some reason when I wear any type of orange I immediately think of adding animal prints. What do you think about this leopard top with a pair of studded black ankle strap heels?
5. Acai (deep purple) is one color I don't own much of. I am not sure why because I love the rich and deep tone. Besides the obvious of adding black or white, I always lean toward mixing a golden yellow accent like a scarf or bag.
6. Bordeaux, Oxblood, Burgundy, Maroon (whatever word your choose) is back again this season. It's one of my favorites and this top with zipper accents would be killer with a pair of slim black leather pants.
7. Cobalt blue has all of a sudden become the new black. I have spotted several magazine ads, editorials and bloggers where this color was styled as a neutral. So, in my opinion, wear it any way you please...think of it as black. I know, it's sort of a new concept for me too.
Did I skip over your favorite color for the fall? If so, tell me what I missed so I can add it to my list.
Happy weekend everyone! See you Monday!