The letter F starts with a million words. Some that come to mind can't be said on this blog, but a few that are at the top of my head are fall, fun, fashion, food, fa-la-la, Facebook and FAILURE. How discombobulated is that grouping? Yeah, that's how my mind seems to function as of late.
J.Crew Factory Blazer (similar here and here) // Forever 21 Oxford // Forever 21 Scarf (identical here) // Gap Boyfriend Jeans // Old Navy Flats (super similar) // Wallis Bag c/o (similar here and here) // Lilac Crown Bijoux Ring & Bow Bracelet c/o // Kendra Scott Ring // Cathryn Ann Designs Tassel Bracelet c/o // Forever 21 Rhinestone Bracelet // H&M Sunglasses (similar)
Sooooooo, let's get back to the noun that was typed in all CAPS. Yes, the word FAILURE. You guys, I feel like I need a big L for loser, smacked across my forehead (it's all about the alphabet today, bear with me).
I made some goals for myself over the last few weeks, ones I REALLY wanted to stick to and accomplish. They were all attainable because let's be honest, I don't set my sight on anything too complicated. I don't have time for that, but I like to keep things "real" around here and I am admitting that I tanked....the big one.
Shall I begin my
walk talk of shame?
1. I broke my shopping ban. I did so incredibly fabulous in October. I only bought things with Poshmark money and I didn't even feel like I was missing out. Maybe that had to do with the fact I was on vacation for seven days out of the month. Well, sister friends, this month I have bought a few things with my Poshmark sales and then some. I shopped my own post and bought a Forever 21 plaid scarf (sold out now), this coat from Target (it's killer), another fur vest, a plaid oxford, a teeny tiny haul from Sephora, an infinity scarf, a new hat and my new favorite ring from Lilac Bijoux. Dear God, writing that all out just made me cringe. I must stop now...no more. Why does Black Friday have to be this month? I need major intervention and I hope Ross isn't reading....
2. I was on a roll with Shaun T. We did lunges, squats, push up and serious ab work together. I actually did a few burpees too. Then life started happening again; volunteering at school, after school sports, shopping, homework, blogging, shopping, jam packed weekends, house work, holiday prepping, shopping, more blogging and sleeping. I lost my exercise luster over the last several days and all of the above are EXCUSES for not getting my work out on. Back on track. Back on track. Back on track. It's sooooooo hard!
3. I ate Taco Bell and a cream cheese torpedo from 7-11. Enough said. #gross
4. I drank some wine and had a rum and diet coke during the week. I told myself that "mommy juice" was only for the weekends due to the added LBS. I got a little stressed and needed to unwind. Empty, liquid calories are the worst. Back on track. Back on track. Back on track.
5. Not sure if you noticed, but my roots are finally camouflaged. I mentioned that I was getting my hair done last week. I said I was either chopping or going darker. Well, as you can see I chickened out on both ends. I will say that I did go a smidgen darker than normal. So, maybe this isn't a total fail. I just get cold feet every time I sit in that chair. My intentions were good.
I feel better now. I am hoping by getting that off my chest and actually writing for the world to see will get my booty back in gear. Shaun T, we have a date tonight. Forever 21, I will see you in a few weeks. Taco Bell, I don't plan on pulling up to your window any time soon. Hair, well, it looks a though we are long and blonde for awhile.
**If you are linking up today, the only request is that you follow my blog with GFC or Bloglovin' and link back to it in your post. It's how weekly link ups work. Oh, and go meet some new friends!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.