I haven't done a beauty review since my elf one back in May. Well, I am happy to report that I have discovered another affordable cosmetics line that I couldn't wait to share with you. I posted on Instagram about how fuming mad I was that elf changed their waterproof eye liner pen. The new one totally bummed me out and I wanted to shout my anger to the IG world and to elf. Anyway, a sweet friend commented that NYX actually made an eye liner pen and that I should try it. Of course, I drove directly to Ulta and found it. Now, it's not $2.00 like the elf one, but still affordable and I love it just as much if not more.
So, that's how my new infatuation with NYX started....with a rant on Instagram. Gotta love social media.
I got super lucky and tried these products without any recommendations (except the eye liner). I would never lie to you and for the record this post is NOT sponsored. I truly love the ones featured today and fully intend to give a few more a whirl.
1. Shine Killer ($13) - If you live in a hot and humid city you know that summer months can cause our faces to be greasier than fries from McDonald's. I already have super oily skin, so the weather just adds fuel to the fire. This product REALLY helps eliminate shine all day long. I put this on first and let it dry before I add the Pore Filler.
2. Pore Filler ($13) - I used to wear Pore-fessional from Benefit, but it was $30 and lasted me about a month. So, when I found this one for less than half the price, I knew I had to give it a chance. It did not disappoint. In my opinion, it is just as good as the Benefit one and is a great primer as well. I see a big difference in my face when I use versus when I don't.
3. Soft Matte Lip Cream ($6) - This one is great when you want long lasting color that isn't glossy. This is almost like a stain and the color is vibrant. If I want a little shine, I just add a tinted gloss over it. It also won a Temptalia Award. I bought the Bright Fuchsia one (SMLC 07).
4. Super Skinny Eye Marker ($9) - This is what began my NYX love affair. It goes on clean and easy and stays on all day. They also sell a "fat marker" too. I highly recommend if you like using pens as your eyeliner. One of the best ones I have found.
5. Fly with Me Mascara ($9) - I really like this one because of the wand and that it doesn't go on super thick and clumpy. I will say that because it's a lighter weight formula, you will have to apply a few coats. It really accentuates individual lashes and make them look longer.