|Top: Old Navy (similar) | Scarf: Express (similar) | Jeans: Kohl's | Boots: Francesca's | Bracelets: Gallery & Forever 21|
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We are still rolling in the yule tide at my mom and dad's. Speaking of my mom and dad's, I took these pictures on my high school campus while we were there a few days ago. Talk about major flashbacks. Jacket Pride Never Dies! The sting is back! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I also wanted to thank my girl, Courtney, for inspiring this look. Well, I was actually a straight up copy cat. Leopard and plaid; it just might be my new favorite mix-a-roo.
Anyway, back to holiday stuff....after today, we will have officially made it through five Christmas celebrations. I can't believe we are wrapping up another holiday season. It seems like we all just started talking about how much turkey we ate at Thanksgiving and now we are just a few days from ringing in a new year. Time sure does fly when your running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Even though I am high fiving Ross that things will finally settle down in our house, I am somewhat sad that Valentine's Day and Easter stuff will be popping up in the stores in the next week or so. As much as I bitch and complain about the stress that comes with the holidays, it's my favorite time of year.
Here are 10 random things that I am gonna miss most about Christmas:
1. Elf on the Shelf and all his shenanigans. "Elfie" played a huge role in keeping everyone in line at our house.
2. Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint candle.
3. Michael Buble's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".
4. Candy cane Oreos. They were better than the candy corn ones at Halloween.
5. All the sales. Enough said.
6. Not being able to threaten my girls that Santa Claus is watching them. I guess I can tell them the Easter Bunny is on his way.
7. No more mailbox surprises. Now it's back to lame junk mail and bills and more bills.
8. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and the Griswold clan.
9. Cozying up by the tree in my infamous blogger polka dot PJs from Target with a glass of red wine. I worked hard on that tree and the thought of taking it down pains my heart. Pains my heart because it's gonna be a pain in the boo-tay to put it all up.
10. Last, but certainly not least, eating every sweet, salty and fat Pat filled morsel of food just because it's the holidays and that's what we do. We eat. Alot. All day. And calories NEVER count during this time of year.
What are you gonna miss most? I betcha we have a few in common and I'm sure food is involved.
**If you are linking up today, please use good manners. I kindly ask that you follow my blog and link back to it in your post. It's called blogging etiquette.
Oh, and go meet some new friends!
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.