Dress // Bag // Statement Necklace // Crop Top // Brown Heels // Lip Stain // Mirrored Glasses // Sequin Clutch // Sequin Skirt // Boyfriend Shorts // Graphic Tee // Studded Heels // Boyfriend Denim // Converse // Metallic Polish // Leopard Bangle
I have put together a packing list for myself and what I envision hauling along on my upcoming adventures. It is so important to look your best, but also feel comfortable at the same time. I honestly think packing for trips is one of the hardest and most tedious tasks a woman has to experience. Will it be warm or cold? What is everyone else going to be wearing? What if we do this? What if we do that? Will I be overdressed? Will I be under dressed?
I know most of you comprehend where I am coming from. Yes?
There are a few key items to consider when getting ready to load a suitcase. I figured I would share my list with you today:
1. Comfort - Go for a pair a boyfriend jeans/shorts that aren't too tight around the waist when sitting on a plane for a few hours. A great pair of sneakers are a must....Converse or slip-ons. You decide. Any and all graphic tees apply. Possibly pack a cardigan in your carry on in case you get cold.
2. Jazz It Up - There will most likely be one night when it calls for a little dress up. Pack something that doesn't need any ironing. Keep it simple where all you have to add is a pair of sassy heels, bold clutch and a statement necklace. At the end of the day, your hair and make up can glam up just about any style.
3. Accessories & Touch Ups - Adding a necklace here and a bracelet there can ultimately complete a look or style and they are MUCH easier to pack. Load up on these babies and pick and choose as you go. Don't forget to throw in a few nail polishes for touch ups. We all know how quickly our polish chips. Another must have? Lip stain. Don't worry about hitting the ladies room every 20 minutes to reapply. Find a stain that will last you a few hours. It's one less thing that you will need to throw in your bag for an evening out.
4. Bags and More Bags - Make sure to take a few with you when you go. One for travel...the bigger the better for magazines, snacks, electronics and all the extras. A neutral one that will go hand-in-hand with most of your outfits. One for a night on the town...sequin or glitter clutches? Yes, please!
5. Mix & Match - Whatever you do, make sure you stow away enough pieces to mix and match. It will make packing much easier and your wardrobe selection full proof. Great items to remix are basic shorts, denim, maxi skirts, stripes, solid shirts, printed scarves and layering pieces like chambray oxfords or utility jackets/vests.
Oh, don't forget your sunnies....lots of them!
Anything I missed? What are some of your traveling essentials when it comes to dressing?