I hope everyone enjoyed the first full weekend of fall. Unfortunately, it did not feel like a change in seasons around my parts. I think summer temps may be sticking around for a little while longer. At least we aren't in the 100's anymore. I did some fall things, just to feel like I sort of fit in around the country.
Before we move along any further, you MUST take :30 seconds out of your day and watch the video of Landry (my youngest). I promise, it will make smile, possibly laugh and hopefully make your Monday a little brighter. Pinky Promise. Lady Gaga, eat our heart out! Click on the image or here.
See, I told you so. Just another proud momma moment to chalk up.
We don't call her Sparkle Monkey for nothing.
1. New front door swag. I found this at Kirkland's. If you have one close by, you have to pop in. They have some of the cutest fall decor and all relatively inexpensive. The wreath that I had my heart set on was $240 at Hobby Lobby. Can I get a HELL no? When did Hobby Lobby become so proud of their stuff? Pshhhhh....
2. See that Love bracelet. Isn't it the cutest? I won it in a giveaway from Jamie over at Forever81 and it just came this weekend.
3. First Day of Fall Rule: Drink a pumpkin flavored beverage. It's pretty good, but I must say, it needs some sort of added kick.
4. Saturday night boredom set in. So, when a girl is bored, what does she do? She paints her nails of course. I picked up this deep gray-green color at Marshall's for $4.00. Holla! It's Essie Power Clutch. I think it's my new fave.
1. Weekend wearings. Not very fall-ish, but it was hot outside.
2. Weekend purchases from Forever 21 and Kohl's. A dress for a wedding this coming weekend, suede clutch, leopard cardigan and "Weekend Warrior" t shirt. I must say the shirt is my favorite find.
3. All Landry has talked about for the last few weeks is wanting to be a witch for Halloween. Well, she got her wish. Halloween costume has been purchased. Now, we are on the hunt for Logan's. Can I just say that the little girl costumes that are out this year are straight up HOOCHIE? And the kids on the covers, modeling the costumes look like something from Toddlers and Tiaras. No thank you. I can already tell it's going to be a battle this year. Lucky me!
Who wants to come hang out for drinks in my yard? EEEEEEEK!!!! And there is an entire Brady Bunch family of the lizards in my bushes. It's like the are multiplying by the day. Gives me get the chills even as I am typing.
Last, but definitely not least....GAME DAY! There isn't a better way to end the weekend than with the Texans and some chips and queso. Sorry, Broncos, but that's what you get for roughing up our QB. Can you say #1 in the NFL?!?!?
P.S. I am over at Emily's blog, Creamy, today talking about some of my favorite fall trends. Go take a peek.